Co-Founder, Managing Director
- Prior to co-founding Recurrent, Brad was most recently the lead MLP portfolio manager for BP Capital Fund Advisors (BPCFA). Under Brad’s leadership, MLP AUM more than doubled (excluding the impact of appreciation).
- From 2011 to 2015, Brad led Midstream Research for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (TPH & Co.), where he was recognized as the top all-around stock picker in the US by the Financial Times in 2013, and the top energy stock picker in the US by Starmine in 2014. Under Olsen’s leadership, the TPH & Co. midstream team was recognized in the WSJ’s “Best on the Street” poll as well as by Institutional Investor Magazine.
- Brad also has experience as an investment analyst at Eagle Global Advisors in Houston, where he was part of a 3-person team that grew midstream/MLP AUM from $300mm to over $1bn from 2008 through 2011. He has also worked in investment roles at Millennium International, a large global hedge fund, and Strome Investment Management, an energy-focused hedge fund based in Santa Monica, CA. He began his career in the UBS Investment Banking Global Energy Group in Houston.
- Brad earned a BA in Philosophy, Political Science, and Slavic Studies from Rice University in Houston.
- Brad resides in Houston with his wife and four children. Brad was nearly fluent in Russian, but is very rusty.
Co-founder / Managing Director
- Prior to founding Recurrent, Brad was the lead MLP portfolio manager for BP Capital Fund Advisors (BPCFA). Prior to BP, Brad led midstream research for Tudor Pickering Holt & Co. (TPH & Co.).